In conversation with Roger Berkowitz at ‘Rage and Reason’, the annual conference of the Hannah Arendt Center, Bard College, New York, in October 2022
Launch of Nervous States, Spanish edition
In conversation with Pablo Simon, Clara Jiménez and Fernando Arancón at Telefonica Fundacion, Madrid.
Review and interview with The Economist
I discussed Nervous States with Richard Cockett from The Economist, and the possible routes forward for an evidence-based politics.
Interview with FT Alphaville
This podcast interview with Jamie Powell and Thomas Hale explores central themes from Nervous States, especially in relation to economics and economic policy.
Podcast on the crisis of expertise
The Critical Theory blog has a new podcast, The Order of Things. This interview explored themes of the rise of and challenges to expertise, discussed in Nervous States.
Writings on Brexit
Since the Brexit referendum result on 23rd June, I’ve written a series of blogposts and articles trying to make sense of this crisis for the UK, both its antecedents and implications. I’ve collected these below, and will continue to add to this post as more appear.
- The Protective State – PERCblog, 6th October
- Interview on Brexit, Trump and ‘post-truth’ – Wisconsin Public Radio, 21st September
- The Age of Post-truth Politics – The New York Times, 24th August
- Brexit: Views from Wales – BBC documentary I participated in, 19th July
- Liberalism after Brexit – PERCblog, 13th July
- Brexit will make things worse: is that why people voted for it? – Washington Post 1st July
- What sort of crisis is this? – PERCblog, 29th June
- Thoughts on the Sociology of Brexit – PERCblog, 24th June (generously translated by readers into Greek, Italian and Spanish )
Long Read on statistics
‘How statistics lost their power – and why we should fear what comes next’, published in The Guardian, February 2017.
This is also available as a podcast.